Whenever I’m frustrated with people, I think about my niece. She is honest, reliable, and will always voice what’s on her mind. When she’s upset, you just know. And I don’t have to play it cool around her. I can tell her that I’m totally obsessed and that is totally normal.
Yeah, she pretty much just chills on the corner of awesome and bombdiggity. And she’s not even 7 months old.
Which, also means that I still have at least 7 years of being able to DIY and craft amazingly fun things for her to wear. Like this.
And, she still has a few more years of being obnoxious where she can get away with doing things like this. Hands off the tresses girlfriend.
I DIY’d this onesie for Mother’s Day—it took about 30 minutes to complete, start to finish. The trickiest part is sewing on the letters…and remembering to trace your design in reverse. Must remember to trace in reverse…
If you want to make your own felt applique onesie, you can find detailed directions and photos here. Or, if you’re not in the mood to click over, here’s the brief recap.
- Trace design onto Heat n’ Bond or similar two-sided iron-on transfer paper. Be sure to trace your design IN REVERSE.
- Iron first side of paper onto felt.
- Cut out design.
- Peel off paper backing and iron onto clothing.
- Stitch design down with sewing machine.
- Impress your friends with your mad crafting skills.
And seriously, how cute is this baby?