Soooooo many who know cakerypapery in real life know that I am smitten with Birchbox. As we all know, I’m a sample fiend, so Birchbox is perfect for me.
At this point, you’re probably saying…”WTF is a freaking Birchbox?” and if you’re not saying that, you already know.
Birchbox is a monthly beauty sample subscription. (This is not as lame as it sounds.)
For $10/month, you get a delightful box of high-end beauty samples delivered to you. And not just the small pillow-pack samples. Legit regular size ones. Each box has five different things, and (with the exception of June) it’s always really good stuff. I’ve gotten everything from nail polish to headbands to the most amazing smelling perfumes.
Take this month. The Birchbox was sponsored by Glamour, which meant it was super amazing. (Sponsored BB’s always have awesome stuff inside).
In my box, I have:
- Hair UV protector oil: Might not use this right away, but planning to save it for the next time I get my hair ombre’d.
- Stila lip gloss, full size: I already have this in a different color, so super stoked to try the darker one.
- BB cream: Need I say more?
- Granola bar: Yea..this is a bit weird, but go with the flow, right?
- Mini-skin care sample pack: There are far too many steps in this, but I’ll give it a try.
- Hot pink and blue headphones: LOVE.
The two products I am most excited for are the BB cream and the Stila lip gloss.
I’ve been wanting to test out a BB cream for a while, and I love Stila products, plus I know I love the gloss already. Given that the gloss retails for $22, I’ve definitely gotten my $10 worth out of this Birchbox.
If you want to check out Birchbox, or want to join, click here. BB is roughly the price of two lattes—and its way better than a latte.
And for the men out there, Birchbox Man is in beta–it’s $20/month, and has everything from shave creams to cashmere socks.