Okay, so this isn’t exactly a new find…but its something I’ve meant to post up for a while.
We all know how I feel about shoes – pretty much have never met a pair that I didn’t like.
(Except for kitten heels. Those are just wrong. Everything from the heel height to the name has “wrong” written all over it.)
Which is why Sole Society is great.
Here’s what I like about it:
- Variety: They have everything from sky-high platforms (love!) to everyday flats – and the collections are updated each week. Right now I’m really into all the neons they feature.
- It’s non-subscription based: Unlike ShoeMint, Sole Society doesn’t require you to have a subscription where you are auto-charged each month.
- Affordability: Most shoes on the site are either $50 or $60. Which, given the way I wear my heels (which is til death do us part and through the snow), is a pretty good deal. Plus, I like to change up my style based off what’s trending, but I
neverusually don’t have the cash to drop on a pair of Manolos.
What I don’t like about Sole Society:
- Shipping & Returns: There is free shipping to you, but only free return shipping if you take store credit. If you want a refund, they charge you an $8 “restocking” fee.
- Heel height: I can’t believe I’m saying this…but sometimes their pumps have heels that are a bit too high, even for me. Since when is “five inches” a professional height heel, unless you’re a “dancer”?
- No personalized recommendations: There isn’t any system to provide shoe recommendations based of what I’ve previously purchased, or what shoe I’m looking at currently. There is a “you may also like” feature, but I feel that every time I’m on the site it just shows me a random assortment of shoes.
Overall, I’ve been happy with Sole Society so far – although I ended up sending one pair of shoes I ordered back, I did find a super cute pair of black suede boots that I love (and hence have been wearing to death) and have gotten a ton of compliments on. Even if you don’t purchase a pair, the site is worth checking out.
Happy shoe shopping!